Select Page

Earaches will hit your child hard and fast. He or she may wake up from a sound sleep sobbing and tugging at his or her ear. Yet, earaches are the leading cause of unnecessary childhood doctor visits. They generally resolve themselves within four days.  But as a new mom, or before you are blessed with your first little one, you fear the worst!

The truth is home care is usually effective to soothe earache symptoms. However, old- fashioned earache remedies, although grounded in truth, may seem pretty silly these days.

Earaches Can Bring Fevers, But Don't Control The Fever We've been conditioned to control fever with OTC medicines such as Tylenol or Advil. It may seem silly now that we know fever is the first line of defense against infection and illness. Observe and comfort the child rather than watching the numbers.

 

#1 Earaches Can Bring Fevers, But Don’t Control The Fever

We’ve been conditioned to control fever with OTC medicines such as Tylenol or Advil. It may seem silly now that we know fever is the first line of defense against infection and illness. Observe and comfort the child rather than watching the numbers.

Avoid Antibiotics Clinical studies show that 97% of ear infections resolve themselves within four days. Antibiotics do not cure the other 3%!

 

#2 Avoid Antibiotics

Clinical studies show that 97% of ear infections resolve themselves within four days. Antibiotics do not cure the other 3%!

Apply Heat (Yup) Natural earache remedies involving some form of heat have been around for centuries. Although it may seem silly to stick a clove of warm garlic in your child's ear, it has long been effective. Or, grab an onion from the pantry, warm in microwave and cut in half. Wrap in a clean cloth and hold against child's ear about five minutes, cut side down.

 

#3 – Apply Heat (Yup)

Natural earache remedies involving some form of heat have been around for centuries. Although it may seem silly to stick a clove of warm garlic in your child’s ear, it has long been effective.

Or, grab an onion from the pantry, warm in microwave and cut in half. Wrap in a clean cloth and hold against child’s ear about five minutes, cut side down.

Wash The Earache Away With Apple Cider Vinegar Another old-fashioned remedy for earaches: Mix 2T apple cider vinegar with 2T water. Saturate a cotton ball in the solution and put in affected ear. Remove after five minutes. Hold a towel to baby's ear and lean her head over to drain excess liquid.

 

#4 – Wash The Earache Away With Apple Cider Vinegar

Another old-fashioned remedy for earaches: Mix 2T apple cider vinegar with 2T water. Saturate a cotton ball in the solution and put in affected ear. Remove after five minutes. Hold a towel to baby’s ear and lean her head over to drain excess liquid.

Tea Tree Oil Does The Trick Tea tree oil has mild antibacterial properties, so it's no secret that it can also give relief for an ear infection. It may seem silly because we're so conditioned to make everything go away with a pill, but a few drops of tea tree oil in the infected ear with the earache can go a long way. Just mix about 10 drops of warm tea tree oil with one tablespoon olive oil and drizzle the mixture into the affected ear as needed.

 

#5 –Tea Tree Oil Does The Trick

Tea tree oil has mild antibacterial properties, so it’s no secret that it can also give relief for an ear infection.  It may seem silly because we’re so conditioned to make everything go away with a pill, but a few drops of tea tree oil in the infected ear with the earache can go a long way. Just mix about 10 drops of warm tea tree oil with one tablespoon olive oil and drizzle the mixture into the affected ear as needed.

Nowadays though, the Ouchie Cap™ provides the kid friendly warm therapy needed for your child’s  earache, without all the muss and fuss. It’s not gross like old-timey earache remedies, such as holding a hot, drippy washcloth to the ear.

Just zip the non-toxic hot and cold packs in your microwave, insert them inside the first aid cap and place on your child’s head. This gentle form of heat treatment is kid-friendly, unlike stinky garlic or onions.

Click to see why the Ouchie Cap is the parent preferred Natural Earache Remedy For Toddlers & Infants.